Who We Are
Steve Woods Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
Steve Woods Ltd ’s registered office is at Cemetery Road, Ince Moss Industrial Estate, Wigan, Lancashire, WN3 4NN and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 03248226. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number ZA342864 and act as the Data Controller. Our designated Data Protection Officer/Appointed Person for the organisation is Steve Woods, and we can be contacted at Cemetery Road Ince Moss Industrial Estate Wigan Lancashire WN3 4NN and on 01942 864194.
Information That We Collect
Steve Woods Ltd processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from is: –
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Personal Email
- Business Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Work Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- National Insurance Number
- NHS Number
- Passport Number
- Driver’s License Number
We collect information in the below ways: –
- Employment CV’S
- Employment Application Forms
- Website enquiries
- Telephone Enquiries
- Email Enquiries
- Text and SMS messages
- Surveys and audits
- Reviews and One to One meetings
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
Steve Woods Ltd takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclosure, share or sell your data without your consent unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract or to provide a service and to ensure that orders are completed and can be sent out to your preferred address
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes
- We have a legal obligation to share your personal data with designated companies who are a credit reference agency and provide us with financial background checks prior to you commencing employment with us
- We have a need to collect personal data during our employment process to meet our legal requirements under HR Laws
- We collect personal to ensure we comply with Health and Safety regulations in terms of risk assessments and assessing capability and fitness to work
- We collect personal data to comply with DVSA regulations in terms of driver licensing laws
You have the right to access any personal information that Steve Woods Ltd processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Where Steve Woods Ltd uses a third-party/third-parties to provide any services or business functions, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Steve Woods Ltd takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: –
- AES 256 encryption
- Bit locker for laptop
- TPM chip for locking motherboards
- VPN connection with applied AES 256 encryption
- SHA1 and SHA256
- SSL secure encryption
Physical security measures include:
- Locked filing cabinets
- Restricted access to key storage areas
- Secure building access, sign in/out process
- Secure/confidential waste and disposal
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Steve Woods Ltd, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services and deliver your products, we will not be able to offer some/all of our products or services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Steve Woods Ltd only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Lodging A Complaint
Steve Woods Ltd only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Steve Woods Ltd
Ince Moss Industrial Estate
Tel: 01942 864194
Fax: 01942 864674
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113